Thursday, November 17, 2011

Trust

I love the song "More Like Falling in Love" by Jason Gray.  It's been in my head a lot today as I have needed to continually come back to that love and choose to trust in it.  It's easy to trust when things make sense and then comes the moment when it doesn't make sense and I have to get out of my head where I just can't comprehend the bad things that happen in this world and make the decision in my heart to keep trusting.  A dear friend experienced a heart breaking loss yesterday and as I grieve with her and wait for additional news about the situation, I keep going back to what my heart says.

And over the course of the day as I've prayed over and over for her, her husband, and her son to be able to feel Jesus' arms around them, I realize He's holding me too.  And though there's still sadness, I am buoyed by that and reminded again that I'm so passionately thankful for my Savior who never lets go.  It is a day where I could easily grow weary, but I choose not to give in to that and instead keep my eyes trained on Jesus.  Thank you, Lord, for who you were, who you are, and who you will always be.

No comments:

Post a Comment