Saturday, June 9, 2012

Only Hope

My sweet Bug has never been one of those "easy" kids.  He's a lot of fun and a joy to be around, but definitely not easy.  We've learned a lot as he's grown about what makes him tick - what's almost guaranteed to be challenged, what's likely to go somewhat smoothly.  But, for a while there, it felt like most of our daily routine was in the almost guaranteed to be challenged category, whether it was food, speaking at a reasonable volume level, or any number of other things throughout the day.  It was exhausting!  The good news is that it drove to my knees seeking God's wisdom because I could not figure it out and I was so discouraged and worried about discouraging him in my frustration.  Some days it felt like we'd never get to the point where our days were not made up of a series of mini battles.  But, there is always HOPE.  The past couple of months have been calmer.  It felt like it just happened one day, though I realize that it was actually small improvements day by day.  While I was marveling over this a few weeks ago, God so kindly told me to remember this.  I know that it's a season and not a permanent change and that it is an answer to so many prayers and a reminder of the incredible hope that we find in the Lord.

One thing that really encouraged me last winter was reading the e-book Hope for the Weary Mom: Where God Meets You in Your Mess by Stacey Thacker and Brooke McGlothlin and participating in some great discussion with others moms during a study they hosted on Facebook. It's time for 7 More Days of Hope and this time it's being hosted by a range of different blogs and I'm so excited to join in again at Blessedtobeblessings.com with other mamas who work outside the home. Check out M.O.B. Society or MODsquad to find the right group for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment